Welcome to the Atlantic Wood Truss Fabricators Association web page. The AWTFA was formed in 1986 and has a current membership of approximately 30 members. The membership consists of both truss fabricators and Associate members such as plate suppliers and lumber dealers. The Association has members in every Atlantic Province and take great pride in assuring the General public that our member companies consist of highly qualified professional people trained in the latest software of truss design and pre-engineered wood products. Our members supply trusses and related products to the residential, agricultural and commercial industries throughout the entire region and into the United States.
The structure of our Association consists of a President, Past- President, Vice- President, Secretary, Executive Director, Associate Director and a Director from each Province. We have representation on the Canadian Wood Truss Fabricators Association and the Truss Plate Institute Of Canada, these affiliations allow the members to benefit and participate in a full range of issues such as building code changes, insurance rates, health and safety and quality control in our member plants.
We have a general meeting and election of officers annually which is held in one of the four Atlantic Provinces and have hosted the first annually golf tournament in 2001 in PEI. These events give the members the opportunity to exchange ideas and socialize with members and potential members from the entire region.
- Develop and establish uniform standards for the design, manufacture, and quality control of prefabricated wood trusses.
- Promote the interest of prefabricated wood trusses and engineered wood products to all levels of government
- Stay in contact with all the different aspects of dealing with building codes and standards
- Foster the acceptance of prefabricated wood trusses for use in residential, farm, commercial, and industrial buildings by architects, engineers and the general public
- Keep the members aware of all pertinent information and new developments in the truss industry.